Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Week 8, Task 19: LibraryThing

What can I say: it's a book-lover's dream! It was hard to stop at five books but I still have a life (and I can always come back as time allows). I decided to enter some of my summer reading as my beta project on LibraryThing. (See bottom of blog if you're, like me, always curious.) I am now wondering if there is a check-out function that would allow me to keep track of books loaned out? I signed up to be an early reviewer (one my of my dream jobs, aside from running a library, would be to review books). All of the titles were closed for this month, but I plan to keep my eye on the site for the next round. You know how some kids think we live in the library? They just might be on to something!

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

You might be the first School Library Learning 2.0 participant that has added your LibraryThing (random selections) on your blog. That was a treat! We "cheerleaders" keep learning as we read all the blogs throughout the summer.

Glad you enjoyed LibraryThing. It is so very cool. Best wishes.
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Comet librarian 2 said...

I liked your idea of using LibraryThing to keep track of books loaned out. I would also like to see a way to add and note books that you "owned", by virtue of having read, even though you might practice what a friend calls read and release.